Saturday, April 13, 2013

New Friends


Last week, I was invited by a friend to brunch. It was a group gathering of other women breast cancer patients and survivors. I accepted the invitation without hesitation! 

I consider it a blessing when new people are ushered into my life. Don't you? There is always a reason for people being introduced to you under whatever circumstance. I've always strongly believed in that. 

I don't really need to know why these women were introduced to me. We all related to one another. Some have been cancer-free for years now, a few of us are recent graduates (meaning, 2 years or less), a couple have ongoing treatments. But regardless of where we are today, we have all been in the same place before. The same dark, sad, depressing, scary, angry place. It's a place that's extremely familiar to each of us. It is somewhere all of us hope and pray to never be taken back to again.

I can't count the number of people I've met since I got diagnosed with breast cancer. But I'm thankful for all of them. There are even a few I haven't seen in the flesh yet, thanks to technology, which makes it possible to be friends with people even from afar and minus the benefit of a formal introduction. One day I'll meet and come face to face with my new-found online breast cancer buddies. One day.

Unfortunately, because I was so engrossed in people's stories, I failed to take a photo of the group. I'll update this post as soon as I get a copy from one of the girls who had a camera with her.



ENJOY THE WEEKEND! 
Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. You're one of those that I consider my online friends!

    So funny that I still haven't met you in person pa! :) Si DH I've met once. Hahaha!! :)

    I wish we could meet soon!! :)

    Love, Didi

    ReplyDelete