Monday, April 8, 2013

Hot Frigging Flashes, I Hate You


If you're experiencing them for the first time, how do you know? 

I've heard the term "hot flashes" a lot from my Mom and aunts. But I never took it seriously until my Onco told me to prepare for them. How am I supposed to know when it's happening? 

I can't really tell 100% if it's hot flashes I've been experiencing but I have no other recourse. It can't be anything else. 

It's like this sudden gush of heat which originates from my scalp and it stays that way for a few minutes. Happens anytime, anywhere. The reason I'm suspicious is 'cause even when I'm in an airconditioned place, it will hit me and it will feel like the airconditioner suddenly malfunctioned. 

So I guess, this is really it? 

I'm told that the feeling is not the same for everyone. All I know is that this has never happened to me before and the first time I felt it, my gut really told me it was a hot flash.

WOW.

I have mixed emotions, actually. I'm 44 and having hot flashes. Under normal circumstances, you don't menopause at 44. But yeah ... these are not normal circumstances I'm in. LOL. 

Please please don't let me be a psycho like my Mom was. Hihihi. But it's true!

No comments:

Post a Comment