Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lola Legs


I don't know why, but it's my legs that have suffered the most in this final chemo episode. Initially, my concern was that the side effect (body pain) was here much longer than the usual. I attributed it to the fact that this was already my 6th cycle and let's face it, chemo really does take its toll on a person's body. 

I'm really very impatient by nature, so a week after that last cycle, I began to wonder and I texted my Oncologist. She said this is really normal, plus it's different for each person (I've said that a million times here, haven't I?). Just ride it out and think of it as the last time you're going to feel any discomfort because you're done with chemo --- this was her reply to me. 

She had a point, obviously. But when you're there at the finish line and yet your recovery isn't complete because it's taking longer than usual, what would YOU feel? 

Today's Thursday, it's been 2 weeks since February 21, my last chemo cycle. There's still a bit of discomfort in my legs. They feel like I went hiking the day before. When I'm still, they're fine. But when I try to get up from where I'm seated, they feel tired. But they get better everyday. I don't take Paracetamol for relief because I don't need it, really. Not a pill popper, remember? 

It's okay, I can do this. I can continue to be thankful amidst the continuing discomfort. But please ... I hope you go away for good very very soon!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment