Thursday, November 15, 2012

4th Installment : God Never Blinks



Lesson #4 : Don't take yourself too seriously. Nobody else does.

Here's an excerpt from the book:
There were a lot of signs telling me to lighten up, to slow down, and focus on what really mattered.

This sounds all too familiar to me. My life has always been like EDSA at rush hour. There was hardly any time to "stop and smell the roses". It was always work, work, work because for the most part, I wanted to. Secondly, I had to. There was time when Anissa was 4 to about 6 years old, when it would be so normal for me to leave the office at 9pm. When I left that job, I took a 2-month respite and that was the only time I realized that my daughter had been having dinners with the Yaya all those years!

After 2 months though, it was back to the daily grind for me ... until 2 years ago. Still, it wasn't a choice I made when I left the corporate world in July of 2010. In fact, it was more forced than anything. But today, more than 2 years later, I'm seeing everything come into play. By everything, I'm referring to God's plan. I can't imagine being diagnosed with breast cancer and having to resign from work because I'm sick. It would've been more painful to do that.

The Lord forced me to slow down because I wouldn't have done it myself. When I left my last job, it was my Mom who first told me that it could be God's way of telling me to slow down and this time, take care of my kids on a full-time basis. Mother knows best? She was so right. I've been a stay-at-home Mom since then and despite having some difficulty adjusting to the new role, I've survived the past 2 years without much regret. Today, I'm truly thankful that I can focus 100% on getting better and not worry about work. I don't even have to think about how I'm going to get back into the employment scene after my treatments are over because at the moment, that is really not an option.

I thank God everyday for the opportunity to see my kids grow and be part of their lives like I never was in the past. I thank God for blessing me with the stay-at-home Mom status because it prepared me enough for what I'm going through right now.

I am so different from who I was when I wore suits and heels everyday. Sure I no longer get to swipe my credit card anytime I want, buy pretty things left and right on a whim, treat my kids to expensive shopping sprees every single weekend (to make up for lost time). But the rewards are huge. A small part of me still wishes I could be financially independent, which is why I have a small business in the works.

My life began to slow down 2 years ago and I can now see clearly why it did.

Nope, I no longer take myself too seriously nowadays. I may still be so OC sometimes, but that's really me. Otherwise, I'm cool. Here's proof.





















Hehehe!

Closer to the weekend!!! 

8 comments:

  1. You're on the right track. GOD has great plans for you.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. His grace is always sufficient Patty....so keep up the good work. Stay strong, funny, and pretty! Love you!
    Zha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commend you all the way..GOD IS LOVE..and I love you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commend you all the way..GOD IS LOVE and I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're an inspiration! Thank you and God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete