Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving



Allow me to take advantage of this very popular holiday, even though we Filipinos aren't too big on it. Seriously, I'm one of those who believes that Thanksgiving Day should be everyday. Cliche? Maybe. But I don't care, it's true. Why wait once a year? There are so many things to be thankful for everyday.

So ... predictable as it may seem, here's a gratitude list, because it always helps to note the things you're thankful for : 

My husband
My children
My Mom
My Brother
My In-Laws
Family Members here and abroad (you're too many to mention!)
My Loyal Kasambahays
My Super Friends
My Havie Friends
My Online Friends
My Triple-T Friends
My Wednesday Club Friends
My Mommy and Daddy Friends (Pep, Terpsichore, PHCT)
Other Daddies and Mommies I met through my kids 

Friends that fall under these categories
Former colleagues, especially those who are really close friends now
N's friends --- both high school and college buddies
New friends ... our bible study group

The many people God has introduced to me and have become my friends, since I got diagnosed with breast cancer. I am amazed at how God works because it's obvious to me that He's behind all these chance meetings and hook-ups. 

Needless to say, I continue to be thankful for the health and well-being of my children and all my loved ones. It really helps to know that everyone around me is okay in the health department. I can handle my own illness better than someone else's. 

What are YOU thankful for? Make a list, it's therapeutic and it's always something you can look at everytime you're having a bad day. It's a sure way to lift your spirit. 

EVERYDAY IS A BLESSING 


No comments:

Post a Comment