Monday, November 12, 2012

Getting Wiggy With It


I've been waiting for the wigs from one of my best friends who's California-based. She told me she would send me a couple, through a friend who was flying to Manila. I finally got them today! 

I've never ever worn a wig before, not even as part of a costume. So I was kinda excited to try them out. I opened the box and the first thing I noticed was the color --- I fell in love! I hoped at least one of them would look good on me. 

Wig #1 - it's a bob, but the sides are longer than the back part


Wig #2 - has more pronounced layers, but my issue with it is the top part, which I think has too much volume, it looks bulky. Don't you think? I hope my hair stylist can do something about this because I also like this hairstyle.


Most of my friends on Facebook chose wig #1 and so did I. 

Here's what it looks like with the proper lighting


I really appreciate the fact that the colour (highlights) looks soooo good!

Do you agree with the majority about wig #1? 

Just an added note ... I know a lot have told me that I look okay even without a wig. Here's the thing ... while I'm extremely flattered, I know for a fact that I can't walk around bald all the time. There are certain occasions when wearing a wig will be called for. I've also realized that no matter how impolite it is, people WILL STARE. I'm guilty of doing this sometimes --- who isn't? And no matter how happy or positive I am about my situation, I get annoyed when people stare. I know because I've had my share of weird looks. Remember that I'm also peri-menopausing. I wouldn't want to lash out at anyone in public for staring at me and end up in a cat fight. LOL.

How did the start of your week go?

2 comments:

  1. I love wig#1 ... can I borrow?? hehe ... kisses to you Patty-poo!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Similar to your hairstyle, kikay! :)

    ReplyDelete