Monday, November 19, 2012

Sleepless in Bed



12 hours from now, I'll be sitting on that La-Z Boy-looking chair again, while trying to watch TV or maybe reading my book of the moment. 

I'm not going to lie ... I'm anxious about going for chemo cycle 2. The only difference is that this time, I know exactly what to expect. So I guess the anxious feeling isn't as intense as the first time. But this is why I'm in bed, but can't sleep.

I've requested for more prayers for tomorrow and I'm humbled by the response I got from friends --- close and otherwise. 


In not so many words, let me just say that today was the most challenging day for N and I since this journey began. It was overwhelming, to say the least. I found myself focusing on this bible verse. We are so blessed to have neighbors whom we can talk to whenever we need guidance and reassurance. 3 houses down from ours live the most accommodating and warm couple in this small community. Pastor R and his wife, A have also invited us to be part of their D-group. We've only joined them once but N and I are in agreement that we want to keep going back. Anyway, all it took was one text message from N to Pastor R and at around 9pm we were seated in their living room and Pastor R was praying for us.

I continued to pray when we got home ... I needed time alone to talk to the Lord in the manner that I usually do. I can't have anyone else in the room when I do this. 

So anyway ... I should've hit the sack a lot earlier than this. If you're reading this, please say a quiet prayer for me as I face the frenemy again tomorrow. Thank you and God bless you! 

1 comment: