Monday, December 10, 2012

Viral Laryngitis



This was my Oncologist's diagnosis of my throat issue when I visited her last Thursday. My WBC count was not dangerously low, in fact, it was higher than when I had a CBC in between the first 2 rounds of chemo. But she wanted me get the shot that would make it (WBC) go up anyway. 

For those of you who follow this blog for info, the shot is subcutaneous and The Medical City will charge you roughly Php7,000 for it. 

She listened to my chest and declared that my lungs were clear. YAY!!! I'm thankful that my prayers for zero infection worked and I was still able to execute my Motherly duties last Friday and Saturday. 

Except for a minor throat itch (which can be addressed by my Kamillosan spray), I'm all good! Oh and not to forget .. I gargle with Bactidol 2x a day as advised by my Onco. Not a problem with me because we can never be without Bactidol at home. A really good alternative to this, of course, would be your trusty salt in warm water. 

The earliest I can have my 3rd chemo cycle is this Thursday, the 13th. That will happen if my next CBC is favorable. Hopefully, it will be, due to the shot I got last week. I'm still not looking forward to the cycle (as always) but I want it to happen this week so I can really enjoy the short vacation we're all going on with my Mom before Christmas. 

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!!! 

God bless us all!


No comments:

Post a Comment