Monday, December 24, 2012

Take A Break If You Have To


Someone offered me this advice earlier on and I happily took it and turned it into something. Thanks to a most generous mother who felt we all deserved a short respite from everything, we spent a few days up north, in the summer capital. It's been a while since I vacationed in Baguio in December. So I really looked forward to enjoying the weather, especially since Manila has been unusually warm this year so far. I had a difficult time finding a place for us but the heavens wanted this to happen for my family. In no time, we were off!

I'm so thankful that my prayers were heard and my last chemo cycle happened on December 13th. My Oncologist originally said, if my WBC count was below normal, that 3rd cycle would happen on the 18th, the day before we left for Baguio. If it did, I would've been in bed the whole time during our stay. BUT ... the viral laryngitis episode made it possible for chemo to take place on the 13th. This gave me just the right amount of time to recover and by the time we left for Baguio, I was 90% alright. Amazing!!!

The fresh, cold air did us all a lot of good. I wanted to go to Baguio more than any other place because of this. Plus, all the fresh vegetables, of course! 

More importantly, the 4 days spent with loved ones were so worth it! 




Thank you, Mama, for this enjoyable and relaxing trip! It hasn't been easy for you, dealing with so much trials this year, but your strength inspires me all the time. I love you with all my heart!


Thank you, Hon and baby girls, for the oh so precious quality time spent. I look forward to our next family vacation, after chemo treatments are done next year!

Thank you, dear Lord, for making this happen! 

P.S. And yes, it was twice as cold without hair! HAHAHA! 


No comments:

Post a Comment