Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It's Been 6 Months!


This time, I'm referring to my surgeries : the mastectomy and the reconstruction. I can't believe that's like half a year that just flew by. I still remember that day as if it happened very recently.

I checked in after dinner on the evening of September 11, 2012



The procedures were done the following day, after lunch, and lasted more than the expected 8 hours!

This photo was taken 3 days later when all of the narcotics were finally out of my system. How heavenly it felt! Seriously, the drugs helped but when they were starting to wear off I felt like shit.


And this was on the day I went home from the hospital. I cried the minute I got home. I was away for 7 days and didn't have a choice.


Today, I am thankful to be where I am, feeling like the life I'm living is brand new.

I thank the good Lord for all of His blessings and I look forward to more.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment