Sunday, February 3, 2013

Update : Post Chemo Day 3 (Cycle 5)


Like clockwork, I start to feel the side effects on the 3rd day. Today's not bad so far, but I always know the side effects have arrived because I don't really feel the same. I'm up and walking, but I heeded my Onco's advice to start on the pain killer today (instead of when the body pain IS actually here). This is to avoid what happened after cycle 4. Yeah, the anxiety attack which amplified the body pain and rendered me useless and helpless for a whole day. Unthinkable!

I'm alright. Just a little lazy and now slightly sleepy. I'm in bed, typing away and checking on my social networking accounts as always. It's cool. 

Looking forward to Sunday Family Style lunch here at home with Mama and home-cooked Sinigang na Sugpo, Porkchops and Palitaw for dessert!

And yes, I've changed my pain killer because Arcoxia didn't really impress me. 

Let's see if Celebrex does the trick!
I'm liking the yellow stripes. 


Happy Sunday, y'all!

4 comments:

  1. Google the med's you're prescribed. There's always a "feel good" and an "I wanna puke" type. Someone we know only has Vicodin or Hrdrocodone on his top list, and they make me inebriated at best---Vicodin makes me puke, yes! 'never tried Celebrex, but I'm about to google it. No matter, take care of yourself. You're the best person that can decide what works best for you. If you've used other prescriptions that've worked, stick with them. IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DONT FIX IT. 'watching you climb that hill, Patty and always praying for your best wellbeing. 'love your blogs, so keep 'em coming. ALL LOVE, Les and Tito Bems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les and Tito Bem, thanks for the advice. I took Celebrex yesterday for the first time and I was okay. I hope this is the one.

      Delete
  2. Celebrex saved me from a lot of pain during my younger years, when I had juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA). This worked a lot better than other pain meds I tried, even when I had bouts of rheumatoid arthritis as an adult. I hope Celebrex can provide effective pain management to you as well, God bless you!
    -@silverlilac1423

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Irene! I'm not in much pain. Discomfort is very slight but no pain thank God. I hope Celebrex is the one that does the job (if there is a job to be done). Anyway, I have one more cycle to go and that's it! Thanks for the input!

      Delete