Saturday, February 23, 2013

Hello There, Hair!




I haven't been saying much about my hair growth because I wanted to be absolutely sure I wasn't jinxing anything. I noticed that my scalp started to look slightly darker than usual, right before my 5th chemo cycle last January 31st. I told my Onco about it and she said it will shed some more because I wasn't done with treatments yet. I was okay with that, not really disappointed. But I watched and waited and didn't notice any shedding at all. In fact, I have more hair than the day I first noticed that it was coming back. Here's the latest photo of my nicely-shaped head (yeah I'm really proud of this fact) taken this morning, just a half hour ago to be exact. 

I used a filter just to highlight because you really wouldn't be able to see much from the way my small walk-in bathroom area is lit. Have I noticed any changes in my hair? People have told me that after treatments, your hair could grow differently from what you've been used to all your life. Some had straight hair prior to Cancer and got curly hair after chemo. Some say it's the other way around. A few have said that when their hair started to grow, everything was gray! But the most common I've heard so far is that the hair feels brand new, soft to the touch, like freshly-grown hair on a baby's head. Interesting. I can't say that for sure yet, still too short at this point. I'm just so glad I can see it coming back, slowly but surely. I do notice some parts that are growing out gray, but it's nothing new to me. I had been coloring my roots for years before my diagnosis. Premature gray hair runs in the family (thanks, Daddy! haha!). So it's not like I was shocked and got depressed when I saw all the gray hairs come out. So used to them already. 

Time to start seriousy looking at organic hair colour in boxes! I've seen a few brands on the shelves of Healthy Options stores. I need to read up and ask around for the most recommended brand and grab my very first box soon. 

Have a happy Saturday y'all! 

2 comments:

  1. I can picture you rocking Anne Hathaway's short do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually thinking of not growing my hair too long anymore. But I'm waiting to see what it will be like when it grows back. Some say theirs became curly. Aaack!

      Delete