Friday, February 1, 2013

Brunch and a New Book



I got another sweet surprise lately, from a fellow Pink Warrior and now friend. We make it a point to meet up on a regular basis. I'm just a few steps ahead of her. I just had my 5th cycle, while she is scheduled to have hers in a few days. We've had so much to talk about because there's so much we can relate to. It really helps to have a small group of friends who understand what you're going through 100%. I'm proud to say that Terry A. is one of them.


On our most recent meet-up at Nic's in San Juan (it was our 3rd time here already), we got to compare notes again and talk about Graduation Day. Yes, we're finally talking about graduating from chemotherapy. Time flies! 

I got to introduce Sabine to Tita Terry when she picked me up after coming from school. Anissa will have to be introduced later on when her busy schedule permits. 

Before I left, Terry handed me a gift. I love it when friends give me books!


I've heard and read a lot of great things about this book, and not just from anyone but people I know personally. Most of them have told me that they've had this book for a while and they go back to reading it every now and then. That only means it's really worth having and keeping. I'm still only on the first chapter. It's the kind of reading material that you don't rush. Louise Hay's thoughts need to be understood and absorbed carefully, for them to have a positive and long-lasting effect on you. Atleast, that's what I think. In fact, she suggests that you read it once and then a 2nd time. The 2nd round should be a more focused effort. There's a strategy and I intend to follow it. 

I'm really not sure where this book is available but you can always try the old reliable National Bookstore first. It shouldn't cost too much because it's not hard-bound. 

So grateful for all the love I keep receiving from friends, old and new.

Thanks again, Terry! 'Til our next date!

No comments:

Post a Comment