Thursday, January 31, 2013

ONE TO GO!!!


Today was chemo cycle 5. Uneventful, as always. At this point, a lot of other chemo patients would already have issues with their veins. Some people I know have had to get the help of an anaesthesiologist to manage the pain. I am so thankful I've had no issues since day one! 

I can't believe I have one more cycle to go. I'm really, really graduating next month! 


In the meantime, I'm more prepared to deal with side effects this time. I am so sure I'll be able to hack it unlike the last time. At the first sign of a panic attack, I'll take half a tablet of Valium. I've also asked my Onco to change my pain killer brand (Arcoxia is not my friend) and I'm going to start taking it on the morning of the 3rd day after chemo (that's on Feb 3rd), when my side effects usually kick in. I am so ready to fight the expected body pain! 

We are also closer to the weekend. I'm really hoping to spend a quiet and relaxing one at home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment