Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Calm Before The Storm



Chemo Cycle 4 took place on January 10th, a Thursday.

I was okay until I woke up on Sunday, the 13th. I immediately felt off. Nothing major, just that overall feeling you get when you know the side effects are right around the corner and ready to pounce anytime. I didn't allow that to affect my day though. I had a family birthday lunch scheduled and I was dead set on going. Which I did. Honestly, I didn't feel 100% okay, but I was okay enough to go. I wouldn't have forced myself to get out of bed otherwise. I don't look so bad here, right? 


After the lunch, I decided to go for some much-needed "me" time at the nail spa near my Mom's place. The chemo treatments have taken a toll on my skin too. It dries 2x as fast now and I need to get a mani-pedi more often than the usual. 




Other than the relaxation factor, I also needed a mani pedi stat because my nails have really started to discolor bigtime (thumbs and big toes with some on the 2nd toe). I didn't take a photo because well, you know why. I can't stand seeing them, no matter how many times N tells me it's okay and it shouldn't be an issue because the discoloration is a side effect and is temporary.

He really is so nice. 

After this, Mom treated me to a massage back in the condo. The girl who massaged me was my Dad's (and now Mom's) favorite masseuse. I felt relieved after.

But all this pampering didn't prepare me for what was to take place the next day...

(jump to the next entry if you care to)

No comments:

Post a Comment