Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cold + Sore Throat


Day 6 Post Chemo Cycle 4

I don't know what happened. My body pain is finally 90% gone and I was just really raring to get out and enjoy the weekend. Then my cold and sore throat decided it would stay and intensify themselves a little bit. 

I was feeling okay last night. In fact, I was feeling good enough to attend weekly bible study/D-group 3 doors down from where we live, even if N wasn't around. But it was a different story when I opened my eyes this morning.

I haven't left the bed except to go to the bathroom. I've fallen asleep many times since I woke up. 

This is the result of an immune system that's shot and, maybe really unexpectedly cool weather. A lot of people are down with the flu or a bad case of the sniffles.

My current buddies : water (still don't love it), Strepsils, Bactidol, Kamilosan Throat Spray (from time to time), my pillows, my face mask (so I don't spread the germs to N and the kids), my small jar of Giga  Massage Rub cream made of peppermint and ginger. Thank God my appetite is still here. 

Please please go away. I just wanna feel normal again. 




2 comments:

  1. We've missed you at Smile's bday sparty!!! Shooo cold & sore throat na sana bukas! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really looking forward to it. Then I woke up Saturday and couldn't even get out of bed. Yun na :( Ganon pala yon, even if it's not the flu, it feels like it kasi your immune system is shot. :( Feeling a little less sick today.

      Delete