Sunday, January 27, 2013

Crunch Time So Soon!



I can't believe chemo 5 is happening this week! But first things first, my counts have to be checked tomorrow. For those of you who follow my blog but are not cancer patients, blood tests have to be done before each chemo cycle, to make sure your body is ready for the next round. If anything is irregular, your cycle is moved until your Oncologist says you're good to go. I've had a few delays so far, but none so major, just 2 days maximum. These were mostly due to low WBC levels, which is pretty normal and expect. Once, my SGPT level was also quite low. 

All of these will be checked as usual tomorrow, when I go in for a test. In the afternoon, I'll bring the results of that test to my Oncologist for assessment. If she gives me the nod, I go into cycle 5 on the 31st, Thursday. It was just like yesterday when I went in for chemo 4 and had that difficult bout with body pain and a virus. No thanks to my lousy disposition! Never again! I now know that I should never, ever entertain negativity ever again after chemotherapy. It made the side effects ten times more alive and felt! 

Am I really this close to the finish line already? Just thinking about it makes me tear up. After the 31st, just ONE MORE CYCLE to go and I graduate from chemo!!! 

God's GRACE will continue to see me through these last 2 rounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment