Monday, January 21, 2013

Getting Better


It's been 11 days since chemo cycle 4, 7 days since the onset of side effects and 3 days since this nasty virus kicked me in the butt. Today, I can honestly say I feel better. I am by no means my 100% normal self, still sniffling here and there, coughing when I have to (mostly upon waking up) but I am better.

I'm getting my second dose of Neupogen sometime today whenever I'm up to it. This is the booster shot that artificially raises your White Blood Cell (WBC) count. Mine was at an all-time low and that is also the reason for the virus hitting me and my feeling so weak all this time. 

My Onco says the sooner I get the 2nd shot, the sooner I'll feel normal. 

I still have no words for this latest chemo cycle. Whenever I think about how helpless I've been these past days, I'm all the more reduced to silence. I simply have nothing to say to you, chemo. 

But to everyone who's been rallying behind me and understand that my current attitude is normal, 
thank you from the bottom of my heart.  

Oh and yes, a tiny mouth sore decided to show up today. Thank God it's still not inside my mouth, but on the left side of my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment