Friday, January 11, 2013

A Confession and Chemo Cycle 4



I'm not too fond of pink. There, I said it! Hahaha! I know, I know ... the color for breast cancer is pink (and black), but I was never a pink person even when I was young. 

That's why I spent more than an hour looking for a new (and free) blog template. Nothing pink please!

That old look was starting to really frustrate me and almost drove me nuts.

So how did chemo cycle 4 go? It was a BREEZE. Again, I have to say --- thank you, thank you for this answered prayer! I was worried about having to feel those panic attacks again. I'm not a pill popper so taking a half a pill of Valium before a chemo cycle is something that makes me feel uncomfortable. But I had to do it the last time, I felt like climbing on the walls without it the first two times. 

Today, however ... I did not need a Valium at all! Praise God and may He bless all of you who prayed for the same thing for me. It's just as well because I didn't know that Benadryl was going to be part of the pre-chemo infusion today. It's to avoid a possible allergic reaction. But wow ... it literally made me sleep like a baby like 80% of the time. What an awesome feeling! 

I only woke up because my bladder was going to burst. The airconditioning was cold as usual. Plus I had 2 bottles being infused into my veins at the same time. Who wouldn't wanna pee???

And because of that sleep, I didn't feel that it took longer than usual (1 hour more). I woke up because the pump sounded off and that only meant one thing : it was time to go home!

So far, I am not feeling any side effects at all. Today is another day so we'll see. But at this point, I really have nothing major to fear. I asked and it was given, I knocked and the door was opened. I am so  sure God will not fail me as far as side effects are concerned.

Will update as soon as I can. In the meantime, it's time to wind down. 

Good night everyone and God bless us all!


No comments:

Post a Comment