Saturday, January 26, 2013

All-Natural, All-Fun


We'd been planning to do this for the longest time. Soon after we hooked up on Twitter, Crisann (Celdran) was already asking me if it would be alright to meet up for coffee or merienda. It finally happened today, over brunch and with another Breast Cancer warrior (whose identity I'm witholding out of respect for her privacy). 

For 3 hours or so, our conversation revolved around breast cancer, family, kids, parents, school, Mommy responsibilities, husbands, Oncologists, surgeons, chemo and even cosmetic surgery! 

There was just so much to talk about, even if I had never ever met these two women before. Prior to becoming her Twitter friend, I already knew that Crisann was one of the founders of IcanServe Foundation. I had read one or two magazine articles about her story which began 13 years ago when she was only 26 and diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. Wow, right?!  Today, after having survived cancer at such a young age, she reaches out to those like me who are going through the very same journey. I'm so sure I'll do the same after I'm done with treatments.

That's the "all-fun" part. What's the "all-natural" thing I'm referring to? We agreed to do brunch in the Serendra area, at Chelsea Market and Cafe to be specific. This is one of my favorite eating places in Serendra, thanks to my late Dad who took us here a few times on a Sunday. But it was my first time to dine there in the morning and I was overwhelmed when I studied their menu!
 
I was a bit hungry so I had to have rice. But when I saw that rice could either come with Beef Tapa or Vigan Longganisa, my first concern was --- do these have preservatives? I called one of the waiters to ask and requested him to please check with the kitchen to make sure. He came back soon enough and told us that both the longganisa and the tapa don't have any. How cool is that?

Ergo ...


This huuuuuuuuge plate is valued at P295.00 and for the record, I didn't finish everything on it.
It's also served with Pinakurat Vinegar, which I know I lot of people like. Not me though. I don't really enjoy vinegar. Odd? :) 

 

This is on the house and it's one of the best Sourdough Breads in town.

I committed a slight boo boo which irritates me up to now. I forgot to take our photo! But we agreed to meet again soon.


That was a great first meet up! I remain grateful to God for continuously bringing amazing people into my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment