Friday, January 4, 2013

Video : Breast Cancer Survivors



I came across this video on YouTube while doing a search earlier. I watched the whole thing even if it's a bit long. Funny how just by listening to each of their stories and looking closely at each of them while they spoke, I could tell who have the really strong personalities. Judgemental? Maybe. But you can tell a lot by how a person expresses himself/herself.

There are certain parts which really stood out because I could really relate to the experience. One of them said something like, "nothing really prepares you for chemo" and I would have to agree - strongly!

A warning though ... some of these women's stories may have a negative effect on you, depending on how well you're handling your illness. Remember that we are all different from one another. One survivor's experience may not necessarily happen to us. So take everything with a grain of salt and just take away all the positive learnings these women have had from their respective journeys.

I know that I have a handful of them after watching the video.


No comments:

Post a Comment