Monday, January 7, 2013

SGPT Level Up!


Chemo cycle 4 was supposed to take place on January 8th. However, after my blood test last January 2nd, we found out that my SGPT level is quite high, in fact, more than twice the normal/acceptable level. As explained by my Onco, this means that my liver is reacting to the chemotherapy treatments. 

Being ignorant, I slightly panicked. But she assured me that there's no cause for alarm and that it's a normal reaction. My WBC count is good though, so that was a relief. However, I still wasn't allowed to go through with chemo on the 8th. I'm currently on Liveraide 3x a day for protection. Tomorrow, I go back to the lab for another blood test. Hopefully, the result will be favorable this time and I can push through with chemo cycle 4 on the 10th. 

I'm somehow relieved that I won't undergo treatment tomorrow because my little girl will walk down the aisle for the 2nd time as flower girl at my niece-in-law's wedding. 

It's not fun getting tested all the time, but it's a requirement I have to go through and be obedient about. I need to allow my Oncologist to do her job well and following her orders is a huge factor.

Praying for God's comfort and provisions this week as always! 

No comments:

Post a Comment