Saturday, January 12, 2013

Inspired - please watch this video


I've never ever been told "you're inspiring!" so many times before. It's always heartwarming to be told that you've got a positive effect on people, despite the challenges you go through on a daily basis, despite your difficult circumstances. I try my best to stay upbeat but I do struggle sometimes, so don't think I have super powers. :) 

I came across this today on Twitter and this time, I would have to say that I'm the one who's truly inspired by this family. Ryan Woods has since passed on from Glioblastoma. He was only given 1-4 months to live upon diagnosis and it seems his doctors were right. He left this earthly world in November last year. 

This video interview of him and his wife made me tear up, not because they cried the whole time, but because at the point of this recording, his illness was already so real to them. Yet they didn't look desperate or depressed. Sad, maybe, to a certain extent. But definitely not negative. 

If you can, please watch it because it'll do you well. It pinched my heart but it also replenished my strength, knowing that there are many others out there who are not as blessed as I am, but are ablet to accept their fate with so much love and positivity. This attitude is what enabled Ryan Woods to infuse quality into his remaining days. 


My favorite line in this video : "We're all in the process of dying, so the question is ... what kind of story are we gonna live out as we're dying. I would just invite people to live out a beautiful story, to live out their life and make beautiful music regardless of what kind of brokenness they have to deal with."

VERY POWERFUL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment