Friday, March 1, 2013

Hair Loss


I've never actively documented my hair loss here, have I? 

I started losing my hair exactly 2 weeks after I started chemo on October 23, 2012. This is what my Onco told me would happen and it did. Even her timing was spot on. Soon after that, all my other body parts with hair started losing them. Since then, I never really kept tabs. I guess that was my own way of dealing with it, so I won't have to dwell on the loss too much. Anyway, it's all temporary.

Yesterday though, while getting a much-needed massage, I asked my masseuse if she could feel hair growing on my legs and she said YES. I actually shaved after so many months! This prompted me to check all other body parts ... 

This is the first time I'm going to post a photo of me undone. Bare. No make up. This is not even the way I look at home because I don't want my kids to react too much to my hair loss. 


You will see that not all of my eyebrow hair fell off. I'm really thankful for that. But I can't say the same for my eyelashes. When I showed my eyes up close to Anissa last night after I came out of the shower, she was kinda shocked that my eyelashes are gone. 

Question is ... when will they start growing back? And when they do, is it gonna be like before or maybe thicker? I'm crossing my fingers that it's the latter. I didn't have thick or long lashes. 

Everything is temporary. Everything is temporary. 
I need to keep reminding myself that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment