Friday, March 22, 2013

Dancing to Happy News


Today was my first visit to my Oncologist after chemo ended last February 21st. I had my blood extracted the other day --- yup, 3 vials of them because she needs to check on more than the usual. 

I went to her with the results. Although they seemed to look good and within normal ranges, there were a few others that I didn't know how to interpret so I (kinda) nervously waited for her to tell me what these meant.

"Beautiful, I'm so happy! Your tumor markers (breast and ovaries) are also down!"

These were her words, they were music to my ears! 

I continue to be thankful for the healing and for the many other blessings my family and I have received. I'm officially going to be on Tamoxifen starting tomorrow for the next 5 years. 

My next date with the Oncologist is in early June and for the first 2 years, I'm going to go on dates with her every quarter. My post-chemo scan takes place in September to coincide with the first anniversary of my mastectomy and reconstructive breast surgeries.

THANK YOU, DEAR LORD! 
YOU ARE SO FAITHFUL!!!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment