Sunday, October 21, 2012

Kid Is Sick - what to do?




A few days before chemo starts, Sabine developed a fever due to her cough and cold. Talk about timing, right? I panicked (I always do), texted my Onco right away and waited for her reply while twiddling my fingers. This is me being proactive and reporting everything to my doctor, so she'll know what's going on and how to address any concerns. 

THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO LIKE YOUR DOCTOR, LADIES. You're going to be good friends, maybe even best friends. Everything that happens to you, every little thing you feel, your doctor needs to know. She/he can't do his job if you won't keep him/her in the loop.

Today, Sabine woke up still with a fever. I took her temperature a few minutes after she opened her eyes. 38.2, not so bad, but still not entirely good. Her cough is much loose now, her nose is not clogged. I'm thankful for that because it means the phlegm can easily be expelled. 

But I'm worrying about myself as well. So again, I texted Dra. Marina to tell her that I feel I'm coming down with something as well. Honestly, I don't know if it's psychosomatic but I went ahead and asked her anyway. She says to see a Pulmonologist tomorrow if I do get a cold and then she'll have to postpone chemo. Oh noes!!! I've been looking forward to starting my treatments. Not that I'm jumping up and down in excitement, I'm just really all for biting the bullet and getting it all over with. And now I'm faced with a possible delay. Sigh.

Please please please, dear God! Heal my little girl and make all the germs in the house go away! I can't be thinking about my daughter's health at the exact same time I need to watch out for mine. I'm a Mother and my heart will always tell me not to worry about myself. But this time, I will have to be just a tiny bit selfish. I need to avoid getting sick so I can be well for the kids and N. 

Claiming wellness from hereon!

I changed my background because I wanted a cleaner, less complicated look. I never even liked pink before. Changes all around :))

No comments:

Post a Comment