Thursday, October 25, 2012

Eat and Sleep All Day - 2 days post chemo


48 hours since the first chemo cycle and I'm still feeling okay. I can't thank the Lord enough for blessing me with the kind of strength other chemo patients can only hope to have. I did have a slower day today though, mostly due to the fact that I felt sleepy most of the time. Fatigue is a common chemotherapy side effect, but I didn't feel tired. Just lazy and sleepy. Oh, plus I was slightly gassy (TMI, sorry) but not to the point of being uncomfortable and irritable. In fact, I could care less about the gas, I slept so soundly after downing a hot huge bowl of Vietnamese Pho! 

I texted my Onco to ask about the gas and she says no, this is not a side effect. HAHAHA. Oh my! I wonder where this came from then?? Did I sleep with my mouth open last night? :)))

N and Sabine went to the grocery for me this afternoon and bought me veggies and fruits. So this is what I had for merienda


I admit, I'm not a fruit person just like my Dad. I'm only crazy about mangoes. I can eat lanzones, tons of them in one sitting. But I'd rather have orange juice than the actual fruit. But I figured, since I'm in the middle of a lifestyle change, I might as well try doing all sorts of things that are new to me. So instead of using my juicer (thank you, Pao --- I love you!), I decided to munch on the fruit instead.

This rainy weather is making me sleepy! I hope everyone's safe and dry at home. I'm just waiting for Anissa to get home from school and training and I'm fine ... the long weekend can begin after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment