Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thankful for My Wednesday Group



We call it the Wednesday Club but since we formed ourselves, we've only met up on a Wednesday once or twice hahaha! But the name stuck and we'll stick to it forever, regardless of whether we can live up to it or not. The important thing is we stay in touch and we get together when we can.


This dinner was scheduled because (1) it's been a while since the last one (in Malcolm's Deli, Fairways Tower also at The Fort, and it was way before my diagnosis) and (2) most of these girls didn't get to visit me at the hospital after my surgery. My first chemo session is also a few days away and I might not be able to go out as much as I want to. 

I've only tried Slice and Sariwon in the Boni High Street Central area, so it was my first time at Geisha. I don't frequent a lot of Japanese restaurants. My family usually goes to the old reliables so I was interested and wanted to see whether Geisha is a place I can go back to. It is! But this entry is not about food or this restaurant. I'll probably write my usual non-pro review in my other blog. 

Originally, I had something else planned for this evening. My schedule surprisingly opened up days before and I'm so glad it did. I had quite a stressful day today (I was missing my Dad so much) and being around this happy bunch really was the best way to cap it. God made sure to cheer me up. :) 

Unfortunately, it had to be an early night for most of us. It was productive nonetheless (note: our definition of productive is not the usual). I'm hoping it won't be too long before the next one. 

In a world that's full of surprises --- both good and not-so-good --- my friends are the one of the biggest constants. I've said it before and I'll say it again ... I have the most amazing friends. 




2 comments:

  1. For someone as amazing as you are, God will of course bless you with amazing people. That's one of the best things in life... we have the most amazing God! :)

    ReplyDelete