Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lesson Learned #1


I promised myself from the very beginning, that as I go through this journey, I'll make a conscious effort to write down and remember all of the lessons it teaches me. 

These are, after all, are why I am where I am today. I truly believe God put me here for the purpose of turning me into a better person. For that to happen, I will have to have not just one but many lessons to take with me as I go along. It is not enough to recognize the lessons and identify them one by one though. My main duty is to watch out for them AND take them to heart. An illness is a catalyst for change (Mom always tells me this). Therefore, I must use this experience to change me into the kind of person God would be so proud of. It really is the LEAST I can do for Him, given all the miracles witnessed and experienced so far! 

It's only been a little over 2 months but the realizations are so huge and they're all so ... REAL :)).  I can't begin to describe just how real they feel each time they come to me. I'm always reduced to tears every time I get one. Largely because it's all humbling and it gives me a feeling of overwhelming joy. 


This, in a nutshell, is Lesson Learned #1

To those who have told me that my strength is something they can only pray to possess, THINK AGAIN. I would've said the same thing to these people, if the tables were turned. But guess what, God provides you with everything you need when He gives you something as huge as this. 

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for Your precious gifts

Courage
Strength
Wisdom
Love from family, friends and even total strangers!!!

Wishing everyone a week filled with God's abundant blessings! 

2 comments:

  1. Be praying for you... I myself is going through struggles at HUGE problems now, but reading how you deal with yours, give me strength and hope. Godbless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ching. Glad to be of help. God bless you too.

    ReplyDelete