Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Preparing for the 2nd Leg of This Journey


Chemo Cycle 1 happens today --- finally! 

But do I really mean that? It's actually half-true. While the anxiety is still there, I wouldn't want to postpone it anymore. This is the day that was marked for it and I'll do it no matter how nervous I become. 

It's really, really important that all my immediate surroundings are clean. As early as the weekend, the helpers already did their thing. Here's what the Master's Bedroom looked like as of yesterday.


When Sabine walked into the room after our visit to her Pediatrician yesterday, she happily declared this as the "best bedroom ever!!!". So cute!!! 

Notice the huge bottle of Sterilium (hospital grade disinfectant) on the night stand? Our family has been using Sterilium for a while now. (If anyone's interested to order, I can hook you up with the local distributor) We love it and it's become a habit for us all to use it. 

These will be my best friends from now on (as if they aren't yet)


Let's do this! 

(Don't be surprised if you see another blog entry this afternoon between the hours of 2-4. That would mean that the chemo infusion is not so bad and I'm able to write about it as it happens.)

No comments:

Post a Comment