Sunday, October 14, 2012

Blessings Abound


I mentioned previously that I had to undergo some tests again last Friday afternoon. These are in preparation for the 6 cycles of chemo I'll be undergoing, beginning on the 23rd of this month (horrors ... jitters ... panic ... I'm really dreading it right now). The most major test required by my Oncologist is a Bone Scan. The purpose of the test is to determine whether there's any metastasis in the bones. In layman's terms, you want to make sure that the cancer didn't spread to the bones. Sounds scary, right? 

Thank God my Oncologist told me, it was more for baseline reference as far as we're concerned. She's absolutely sure there's no metastasis because of how good all of my test results have been after the surgeries. 

A day after the Bone Scan was done, I'm overwhelmed with joy and thanksgiving again because the result was negative!!! To be exact, this is what it said on the hospital's stationery :

CONCLUSION
No scintigraphic evidence of osseous metastasis

I don't understand medical terms but the above phrase tells me what my family and I have been wanting to know. NO METASTASIS. God continues to be faithful and I can assure Him I'll be the same.

It's Sunday, church day. Looking forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment