Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Big Food No-No's During Chemo



For the next 18 weeks, as I go through 2-hour chemotherapy sessions every 21 days, I need to avoid eating the following



Basically anything that's raw. This is to prevent any bacteria from entering my body while my immune system is down from the chemotherapy. I also can't be exposed to people who are constantly coughing, sneezing and needless to say, those who are obviously sick. Not totally bummed about it but I'm glad the total ban is only for 18 weeks. 

Sabine is still coughing, although now fever-free, so I still make sure I wear a mask whenever I'm around her. I should do the same everytime I'm out (yes, I'm allowed to go out but I have to choose the places I go to) in crowded places like church or a theatre. 

Truth be told though, I have become so comfortable with staying home all day. If I don't have to, I don't step out. I would assume that being home most of the time won't be a big problem. 

I'm gonna have to stop drinking my Rawlicous green smoothies as well --- not that I'm crazy about them hahaha! :)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment